Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Painting, Sneak Peek at a Project, and... Did You Ever Just Paint Over Dirt?



Just finished, this new painting of a beautiful shell i have,...


I had some chippy corbels that i put up... do they look cute, or do they look stupid, like i'm trying too hard to do the chippy shabby thing...?










And.... if you live any where near Charlotte, or Concord, North Carolina, you have to go to my sister's best friends fabric warehouse !!! She has tons and tons of fabric,
for example... she sold me this soft white linen fabric for $5.00 a yard ! Can you believe that! I can't wait to get my chairs recovered....
And she's a super talented lady, she can fix up a room in a heartbeat with what you already have. Plus, she's funny and irreverant
, one of my favorite combinations...

Here is a sneak peek at something i found on Craig's list that i'm working on...



when i get rich and famous, and i have my charming little beach cottage,
i can hang a shell painting just like this over the bed...




12 comments:

  1. u r a wonderful artist.....love ur Cow paintings. If I wasnt a poor.....single gal now..I could afford one..HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Cindy! You should see Pamela Anderson's beach cottage...so shabby chic and gorgeous! I found a post on French Buttons blog about it..go and search it, so worth the trip!
    I like the corbels!! Keep adding more chippy shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,
    I love your painting of the shell. It would look fabulous in my home here on the coast.
    Love the look the corbels add too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking how pretty that painting would be in someones beach cottage ! Wish I had one !
    I like the corbels too , you can't get to much chippy shabby as far as i'm concerned !
    Sharon's Wannabe Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I love about you Cindy.....you can do just about anything. I know you are going to turn that wonderful home of yours into the sweetest cottage ever.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous paintng Cindy, You can do just about anything you put your artistic mind too! I just happen to know this . :) As per your comment to me eariler it's the same when you paint the color intensifies... The shell painting is gorgeous.
    Lots of hugs, Rosemary...XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting is beautiful and the corbels...keep 'em... they work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting and i love the corbels.
    I could not comment on your last two blogs because of blogger problems but i did visit!!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please let me know where the fabric
    place is in Concord/Charlotte? I go through
    there every once in a while. I'd love to
    check in there. My favorite bargain fabric
    place went out of business. Thanks so much.
    dott114@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new painting!

    Janie
    Romantic Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house is so beautiful and feminine, Cindy! Love all the romantic touches.

    And where exactly is this store selling $5 a yard linen?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog and glad I did. It's beautiful! I've looked over a lot of your posts and just love your paintings. You're so talented. You're funny too!

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to reading and seeing more here.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Awesome talented friends and followers say: