Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Have You Ever....


... Have you ever taken eleven thousand years to finally pick out a wall paint color, 

had Benjamin Moore and Home Depot put out a restraining order on you because you took too many paint color swatches

finally picked out a color you liked

Had your significant other 
(who will not allow you to paint because you are so messy)
paint the living room, dining room and kitchen....

and then decided that you really don't like the color at all

and then...

since you want to still live with that person because he is really pretty sweet and totally hot

...you slowly but surely start painting it the new preferred color that you should have chosen all along, while he wasn't at home so he wouldn't notice?

Have you ever done that?


So here is the new stealth paint color.

It is subtle, but if you look behind the lampshade and beside the curtain you may notice a square area that it is a tad less yellow and more grayish white
The color is "Halo" by BM


 Maybe you can see better here... -   see the yellowish color on top? It is Antique White.  That's the color i don't love - even though it is a nice color, the yellow bothers me
and you know how that is, 
if something bothers you, you become mentally ill until you can change it

you can see the more grayish white beside the door.  

and of course the random mess on the table



and here, behind the lamp is the new color, behind the big black box is the more yellow color that i'm changing




below most of the wall with the mirror is now the new color - I do like it better
you wanna hear something really slack
I haven't painted behind the mirror yet



Anyway, it is subtle, so you see how i can get by with it without Mr. Fractured noticing
I just couldn't bear to make him paint it all again...

                        
good thing he doesn't read my blog!

**********************************************

So things are pretty much the same around here.... 

The roses have been great this year


"Eden"

This is a sweet one - just a little single petaled rose.  I love how simple it is




Here is a messy bouquet from the garden
Our cat Willow really loves to eat any flowers that i put in a jar and give attention to

you can imagine how thrilled i am with that


Messy bouquet again... 
Willow was helping me with this bouquet as you can see by the broken rose 



Yummy fading "Eden" roses



Here is a little photo of the front porch near dusk
I like to sit on that little bench, and watch the world go by




here is the view from the bench looking toward the street...  



My little "Daisy" is still blending in with the furniture




Willow has a new favorite toy - Paper that's in a box

apparently there are monsters and mice and all kinds of things to attack and kill under that paper...


Mr. Fracturedfairytale attempting to explain the rules of good behavior to Willow...

little does he know that the wall behind him is two different paint colors




 here she is just dying to go outside


and here is our solution

people think it's so weird and funny to see a cat on a harness

actually she has adjusted to it pretty well - except for the part where you put it on, or take it off

then she tries to kill you



**************************

I did do a series of 3 paintings that i kinda had fun with 

They're each 24 x 24 and I painted them using only 3 colors



Here they are again



I kind-of love them... 



I asked my daughter to help me name them

The one on the right she said he kinda looked like "derp", which he does - sweet but derpy - that's how he ended up being Wyatt Derp
The one on the left she thought looked kinda like a Billy Arthur - seemed perfect to me!


And then of course "Marley" named after Bob Marley - this is the second time i have painted him


I think they'd look cool on a dark grey/brown wall 

Ok, enough about these guys!



Sooo... I guess that's pretty much the overview...

I've been more on Instagram lately, 
so if you have an Instagram account let me know how to find you!  

It works better for me when i'm at work to do a quick instagram post or scan everyone's new pics

and did ya'll see Miss Mustard Seed's blog post about how she first got started...

It was so inspiring and touching to me
you should go read it...



...much love...

...the end...









20 comments:

  1. I always enjoy a few laughs and they are audible....you are so funny and witty. Thank God you are in blogland even though I know its easier to do insta cuz I do it too. But then we miss your witty references. So make sure you don't neglect this blog. Hey. The house is looking great! I totally agree about the paint. And the goats are amazing. You should keep them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see pics of your beautiful space. I agree about getting the color right. And I see the difference. But choosing colors is so hard!!! Your lamby's are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the third one who thinks you got the color right, but girl, he is going to notice! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear from you Cindy. The first part of your post, I thought, is she writing about 'me', ha ha...I can identify exactly up to the point where you re-painted the room yourself....when the same scenario happened to me I the other half re-paint it.....believe it or not, three times before I got it right.

    I am still trying to work out the photo of Daisy, it looks like a sheepskin rug, I can't quite make her out ha ha.

    Love, love the sheep paintings, I like how you have kept them very neutral, I think they are fabulous and I am sure they will get homes quickly.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "kinda-love" your paintings too. Well, actually, I really I LOVE LOVE them!!! Beautiful..
    p.s. Your walls look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new wall color is much better for me...I like grey tones in white. The name is lovely Halo. It is funny that men do not notice when a wall is two different colors. Hahaha Your sheep are wonderful. Always always beautiful...every single painting you do. Your roses are so abundant this year. You are so blessed. xo Kerrie. PS I will see you on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post, cindy! look at the holy trinity of wooly goodness...these are incredible, and i'm a big fan of the palette. also of the halo on the walls. i so feel your pain, girlfriend. no one could be a messier painter than moi but that won't stop me and it shouldn't deter you! can you guess the old color i am painting over at the cottage? yep. it's a urine-soaked kinda antique white. just awful given that the light streaming in the windows is a very golden light. willow and bella luna would be pals since she is NUTS for paper! sounds like she keeps life interesting. love seeing glimpses of your life, beautiful. peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes something like that would drive me nuts too. But since I am the painter around here...it would have been me painting before and after. Which reminds me, I need to paint my walls....but I really am not up to it just yet. Love the color you chose, your kitty is sweet and your paintings are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post and the lamby pies are so sweet I want all 3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you are repainting your walls and he hasn't noticed! I have the same problem with cats thinking flowers must be removed from a vase. Tipping the vase over and spilling water on the furniture is an added bonus. Thanks for the view of the roses. It makes up for mine struggling to recover from our brutal winter. Once again, love the new paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your posts. I do see the difference in the paint. I love your place. Love the furnishings. That lamp with the picture clipped to it, so cool. You are such an artist. Love your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know I am not the only one who gets slightly crazywhen it comes to choosing a paint color.I really love the Halo color - it will definitely be added to the other thirty five gray samples on my kitchen wall. So loving your sweet sheep, Marley is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up about becoming mentally ill until something that bothers you is changed... I thought I was the only one that suffered from that particular affliction? *LOL* I'm in a painting project myself, not so subtle as yours since I chose Black... and that's very unforgiving if there are any mistakes. We discovered, the Grandson helping me... and myself... that the New Home's walls apparently have some protective coating on them that makes trying to paint over them more challenging than we ever imagined and the new paint to initially go on very unpaintly and being like it's sliding off! Arghhhh... too late once a big splash of Black is on there to then become Cowardly and abandon the whole Project, so we persevered in one Niche... and might be brave enough to do the 2nd one... but after that... no mas! I notice that The Man, like Mister Fractured, barely notices subtle nuances whereas they stand out to me like Neon... Wonder why that is? *Smiles* And I must say I think I'm in Love with Marley! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect names for your new guys, and the wall coulor change will be a good and perfect choice, it will compliment all your surroundings. Love the wood floors now that you took wider shots so we could see more of it. Your cottage is a living piece of art, very relaxed and studio like and I love it's free spirited vibe.
    Cindy, I could truly spend days with you, relaxing, creating, getting all up in your design business lol! And watching you paint. You should ask ANITA if she could send you a photo of the header she took of the sheep and the sea side, it's was inspiring.

    Well my dear will wait to see what's next in all you inspire here, and beautiful imspiring End of summer to you.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cindy,
    Don't know how I missed your post, but I'm here now. As always I thoroughly enjoy holding onto your every word and you always make me laugh. Sooner or later you just might have to tell Mr. Fractured that he needs to repaint the walls. But, I'm like you...I'd rather try sneaking and doing it myself. Your living room is so pretty and romantic. Love your draperies. I have always loved that toile fabric.
    My Kitties like paper and boxes too. Must be a Cat thing!

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cindy! Wow, you are quite the artist and home decorator! I love your style and it's always hard to get the right shade but your space is GLORIOUS!

    Thank you for coming to visit my post; you mentioned that Doré wanted you to paint a photo I took that was on my blog? It was on my header but I change my header for every new post. Did she want you to paint it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The house is looking great! I totally agree about the paint. And the goats are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sheep (ewe?) paintings. Nicely done! I've found when working with clients it helps to paint potential wall colors on a poster board - one color per board. It is very hard to decide on a color if it is painted on a wall with the old color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos! They are fabulous. The house is looking great! I totally agree about the paint. I agree about getting the color right. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Fall dear,
    I am returning to thank you for your beautiful visits and always great for my ego! If I had one :)
    I smile and chuckle at every posting you create, you always throw something funny in the mix, loving the cat harness killing, and the disaplening MR. F/F is giving your beloved florist in helping you to arrange the roses and its filler flowers, I happen to love them bent, it's all in real life here.

    Get to painting behind the mirror girl, knowing it's done will be good for the soul, another finished and completed project before you have to paint all over again :)

    I have not been painting now for awhile, just not inspired, and just see so much unfinished if I do start....so I have pulled out the sewing machine, yes! That time of year and getting Christmas stocking completed for retail shop owners who beg me for them each year, I hate this kind of pressure, yet the extras end up in my etsy and that's a good thing.

    I have a new post with French butter yellow French Velvet brocade 29" long stockings in my new post, you can stop by anytime to check out what I have been up to....now not so inspired to sew! And geez, make up your mind Dore, I think I am ready to paint a couple of things or not !

    See you soon darling, hurry up with a new post I need a good laugh, or just being nosie to see what you are up to.....

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Awesome talented friends and followers say: