Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A New Settee


Hi Guys!

Can you even believe summer is coming to a close!??!

The older I get the faster everything goes.  I mean really fast. Like a year seems more like 4 months fast.
 Before you know it I will be dead.  So that being said, I think it's ok to eat chocolate any time i want... right?

Anyway, Mr. Fractured and I finally took a little vacation and went to the beach.  Other than the drive down which involved apocalyptic thunderstorms that looked like F5 tornadoes were going to drop out of them,  and having to pull off the road 3 times, which made Mr. Fractured go into his "I'm being patient" mode... which really means, she's completely out of her mind... 
it turned out to be so relaxing and just beachy wonderfulness as the beach always is.  

One of the best parts of Oak Island, NC is that it is near Southport which is this little port town with boats and shops and benches and cute old houses and cottages.  

 check out what i found on the front porch of one of the little shops

This pink tattered and torn settee!


Here it is on the front porch of the little shop - that box covers up a hole in it, but i didn't care
It was love at first site...

Just look at those adorable rolled arms, and the pretty little legs




I really want it at my dining room table... but it's too short.  Soooooooo, here we go with the change one thing and completely redo everything else deal.  

I am going to have to make it taller or the table shorter or both... I know i can take at least an inch maybe two off the table base, but how to raise the settee... hmmmmm - do ya'll have any ideas on how to do that?

Plus my dining table is really too big for the room, and now the chandy doesn't hang over the center anymore 
aaannnd ... if i lower the table I may need to cut off the little apron around the round part of the table so your legs don't bang into it... and i need to move the little desk out of the way

all of that and more to infinity...

Moving stuff around did inspire me to move my "Miss Daisy" print to over my mantel and i really do like her there better than the rose that was up there
i just propped her up in front of the other painting



oh yeah, I didn't want to forget to show you guys this little cottage in Southport
How cute is that!
I could so totally live in that little pink house right near the seaport...



*************************************

hmmmm...What else has been going on...

Well, i've been growing my first dahlias and it's been an interesting experience.

I had no idea the stems could get as thick around as a quarter at the bottom... so some of them have fallen right over from the weight.  
And I was thinking I'd only get a few blooms, but they are just now coming to fruition and i'm getting lots of the amazing big flowers, and some of the stems and blooms are already up past my waist!...
so i'm pretty sure I love them!





In the spring the garden was so tidy, and i planted lots of tomatoes and some hot peppers and squash ...

By July the tomatoes had gone crazy...
like, what the heck crazy!

they are growing up all over the place, as tall as me, covering up the peppers and sage and lavender
falling over the fence

everything is now totally overgrown and messy

kinda like a cottage garden, but not in a good way !

It's like a jungle!

plus there is the occasional poison ivy in the mix

I did pick this bouquet of roses just last week
i couldn't even believe something that wonderful came out of my very own garden






So anyway, i was out weeding and cutting back stuff, and had been all up near the poison ivy with my bare hands, 
and you know how it is in the garden, you go to do one little thing, and don't put on your gloves, and end up sticking your hand in places where you just really really hope a snake doesn't bite you

and i had a skirt on because i always wear dresses or skirts because i can't really stand the way pants feel all up on my legs
 i know, weird huh...
ok and i know this is TMI but 99.9% of my life i wear undies, but for some reason didn't have any on in that moment
probably just threw on a skirt to go water the window box or something

anyway a branch of a flower or something went up under my skirt and BAM something bit me right on my ass!  and it wasn't a small little bite either!  

i was like GAAAHHHH!  

I didn't want to touch anything because i had poison ivy on my hands, but i didn't even want whatever thing that was to bite me again!!!

And of course i didn't have my undies on!  Really???!! 

I froze for about a millisecond  and  then just dropped my skirt down around my ankles with my bare bottom and everything else showing... 

I mean i didn't know what the heck horrible thing was up under there 
EWWWWWWWWW!!!

 i  didn't really have good choices here

It could've been a hornet, or even worse, a spider 
or maybe even a mutant hornet black widow spider poisonous snake for all i knew.... 

anyway, i live on a corner of a neighborhood, where cars do go by and people walk by all the time, and i had to make it into the house with the skirt around my knees without being seen... 

It was a great look

I walked in and Mr. Fractured just stood there... like uhhhhhh
and he is very polite
so he wouldn't laugh at a lady in distress
but i could tell he was holding his lips together to keep from laughing
and as i was escaping from my skirt i just said 
"don't look at me"!!!
because seriously, my bottom half is not my best half especially in broad daylight...


and that is most of the latest from cindysfracturedfairytale and fractured cottage garden 

...the end...















20 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Your flowers are beautiful. I have no idea how to make the settee taller so I will be interested to see what you come up with. Maybe use it in a different spot? It is very sweet along with the pink cottage. Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but I am laughing!!! You are too funny. What bit you? Did you ever find out? Thank goodness you did not get poison ivy, you know where! I live in skirts too but I never forget my undies!!! I do like jeans and big old comfy sweat pants in the winter. And yoga pants, but I wear skirts as often as possible. I like the flowing free feeling they give and I am a girlie girl.

    LOVE the pink settee. So glad you got it! It belongs in your cottage. I could see you in that seaside pink cottage too! Do you have a pink beach cruiser yet? You need one. Okay, it am glad you survived your garden drama and enjoy seeing you on IG xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you make me laugh!! I hope you are ok! I love your pretty pink settee and your pretty pink dahlias and roses, they are just beautiful! I'm glad you had a good vacation. Haha, you really should wear your undies! I think you would truly be my best friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you told your story...hope your bite (whatever it may be) is gone, and no infection or itching..but, you told the story with great bravery. (I had a big grin on my face reading it, (sorry) Hugs to you...bonnie in Wi, where we still have a few bugs bothering us too. I think I'll keep my undies on, just in case....(grin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I just read this post and I sent it to both my sisters because it is so funny! I've never forwarded a post to them before...but, this is so like something we would do and that is so like what would happen to us.
    I have to say that I never knew dahlias were so beautiful. Next year, I'll go a few pink ones. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy! That settee is absolutely gorgeous! Your flowers are so beautiful, and nope I still can not believe favorite season is coming to a close.... Have a wonderful day! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking me up!!!! Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbra Streisand has nothing on you in Funny Girl!
    Girl you are the funniest funny girls....
    Love the pink cottage by the sea, and your sette would look great in it.
    As for it in your home, you have pulled off a cottage look to love.....I am loving your walls girl, such a great tone as your back drop to all your staged romantic country cottage designs.
    The white cow what can I say, growing up around cows was what pushed my mother into collecting with a big cow thing as well.

    Your headed for big things my dear, bigger then itself.

    See you soon.
    Oh Cindy come see my French white iron bed, do you not think your sette would look great with it?

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me in hysterics reading this post Cindy, you are so funny at times, I love how you write, it is a real 'pick me up' :). Glad you got away for a break, but your shopping was big time bringing home a sofa. I personally love the sofa, the shape, the turned legs and castors and the buttoning on the back. I think doing anything to the sofa to make it fit the table is a no...no! If you cut the legs down on the table then your chairs will probably be too high, I think you are going to have to re-think it as much as I realise you want the chair with the table. I get ideas in my head too and then find they don't work and it is so frustrating. I am putting shutters in my window in the bedroom and moving the bed in front of the shutters because it is just simply a better layout for the rest of the small bedroom. However, then I cannot open the shutters as I also want to add a headboard behind the bed...no I am in a dilemma of do I have a headboard and move the bed if I need to open the shutters and clean them or just not have the headboard. However, I believe that if you put a bed on an outside wall that you should have a headboard in between...decisions..decisions.

    Your Dhalias gorgeous, very clever lady growing those, I wish I had a larger garden but then again I have no idea where I would find the time to keep it but it would get me outside more.

    Thanks for your lovely post.

    ps. loved your painting over at MMS the little nest.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO at your Garden Streaking episode... sorry... hope the mutant attacker wasn't something poisonous and I commend Mr. Fractured for managing not to LOL because I don't think I could have maintained composure... I just have a mental image and I'm hysterical about it! *winks* The Going Commando thing in the Garden is probably NOT such a good idea in a skirt or dress... just sayin... but you probably realize that now huh? *winks* And the settee is Fab... I'm glad it isn't just me that could go for a trip to the Beach and come back with Furniture somehow... The Man can't believe what the Laws of Attraction bring my way when I'm doing something totally unrelated to Junquing and still come back with Treasures and crap. *smiles* Your Garden may have gone Wild but it's producing wonderful arrangements. And yes, as we Age Time does speed up... haven't quite figured out why that is either, you would think it would slow down since clearly I have as years progress... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha. cindy, i am late again to your nutty musing and am so happy to hear you sneaked some vacation time in--you deserve it, sweet mama. i know you will figure out how to make that pink cutie work in your house. smiles to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart, you gave me the best laugh I've had all day! Love you, and pink is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The End. lolol A very fitting ending indeed, girlie! lolol! You are such a hoot, Cindy! I just love visiting you and hearing about your latest escapade. I imagine myself sitting at that lovely dining table, curled up in your sweet little settee, sipping a glass of wine while you share your adventures. lol Anyway, I hope that whatever bit you in the hiney wasn't still there when Mr. Fractured checked it out. lol And as far as your settee goes, could you just put new, taller legs on it? Or add some casters? It is so adorable, and looks so sweet at your table!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lmao Cindy!!! So funny so you so great!! Love your random down the path incredible life stories of nothingness and everythingness all rolled into one.
    So I saw Fifi on IG posted about a painting of a ladies head you did...did you see it yet?? Go check. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Cindy...it's kind of hard to type when you're laughing this much!! sorry....I hope your buttock is okay...lol.
    The settee is so pretty! So are the roses from your garden...especially the pink ones.
    hahaha...I love coming here. You always make me smile. I even read this to my hubby, and he was laughing his head off, too.
    I love you, girl!!
    Debbie
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindy you had me in stitches! What a riot....well not for getting bit...but the way you described it.
    Well you know how much I adore Miss Daisy and yes she looks perfect there.Wow love your gorgeous pink sofa! Ah who cares about a little hole,I would have grabbed that too! Your flowers are amazing! Whoa,mine not so much.But my hydrangeas are looking fabulous lately!
    I always enjoy visiting you on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laughing is so good for your health and well being and reading your posts always makes me laugh. You are so funny! I can just picture you out there--your descriptions almost make it like watching a video. I think you are my favorite blogger--and I know a lot of great ones! Have a wonderful bite free day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang girl! You do have an exciting life :))))))))))))))))) I really needed a laugh today and thank heavens you are here!!!!
    I am in love with the darling little settee. Miss Daisy really does steal the show my dear.
    Of course you know how much I love seeing your beautiful blooms Cindy. Your Dhalias are gorgeous!!!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dang girl! You do have an exciting life :))))))))))))))))) I really needed a laugh today and thank heavens you are here!!!!
    I am in love with the darling little settee. Miss Daisy really does steal the show my dear.
    Of course you know how much I love seeing your beautiful blooms Cindy. Your Dhalias are gorgeous!!!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete

Awesome talented friends and followers say: