Monday, December 31, 2012

Phew! 2012 Recap!


If you feel like you haven't accomplished much in the last year...
 just do a recap of your blog posts each month, and you might feel like you actually did lots of things!

Lets see, i just showed you my new coffee table for December
i'm trading that for a painting
more about that later....  

so lets see what else happened in December....

Oh yeah, i painted pink and white stripes on my bedroom dresser!

that was fun!


 November

Found these cute and comfortable little Kooboo chairs and put them in my little art room, and finally got rid of the random assortment of chairs i had been meaning to recover for 3 years!

Plus Marian's "Miss Mustard Seed'" incredible new book was released and two of my paintings were in it!!

"Eulalie" the cow
and a little meadow scene that i painted !

The book is amazing, and i am sooooooo proud to have my work in there...

 


 my painting, the little meadow is in the upper left corner, high up over the desk...



see it?  it is one of my favorite paintings...

October

Finished up this painting of a cluster of roses !

"The Unfurling"


September

Traded my friend for this amazing architectural piece and drug it home...

surprise mr. fracturedfairytale !

you didn't know something with broken glass in it was so wonderful, did you!



August

Finished several paintings and loaded up my kitchen cupboard with every white dish i could find!


 









July

painted a lady with pink hair, (that was fun)

pulled up the yucky carpet in my bathroom and painted the plywood floors

and took a plain old basket and made it a "French Market" basket







June

Did a painting of a sweet sleepy Sheep... twice
on big and one small

and picked an amazing bouquet out of my yard...




May

I painted my bright green bathroom, Pink!

and picked more yummy bouquets from the yard...



April

I was featured in the premier of Romantic Prairie Magazine!!!
now that blew my mind - i NEVER imagined being in a magazine!
and "Romantic Prairie"  was sooo pretty too...
Thanks Fifi! 

I also made a pretty little birthday cake covered in pansies for my daughter!





 March

Finished more paintings 
and had a giveaway of a painting of some white hydrangeas...




February

Painted this big rose painting...
getting ready for Spring, YAY!


January

Finished more paintings and made a lacy jewelry holder...




In the meantime lots of other things happened of course, kid stuff, work stuff, i picked lots more bouquets, gardened, moved furniture around, discovered and played on Pinterest, obsessed about random other things...decided to get a tattoo and then didn't, and let's see, the latest was to die the tips of my hair pink...
I mean, i'm 59 years old... WHY NOT!!?? If i'm gonna be old and kooky, might as well be old and kooky with pink hair!

  and I blathered on with you guys about this and that...

And you were all so awesome and supportive and funny

You guys rock!
so, whaddya say, let's blow out the candle on 2012 and say come on in 2013, we're ready!

I hope you all have a happy New Year all year long!
(or at least get some good sleep!)



...the end...   

 



23 comments:

  1. Oh i so loved this post Cindy Congratulations on all your sucess you so deserve it!,i just finished mine looking back post and i'm tired,it felt like i had done it all again!!
    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones,wishing you a fabulous 2013,i wish i lived closer i'm a hairdresser i would give you that perfect shade of pink hair you crave and lust after on Pinterest ;)
    Love your blowing out the candle pick and omg i can't believe you are ___years old! ok i think you might have lied lol,
    See you in 2013 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy I am so glad I found your blog this past year! I always enjoy reading your posts you always put a smile on my face and make me laugh! You are an amazing artist I LOVE seeing what you have created! And I have also enjoyed seeing you make all the beautiful changes to your home!!!
    I need to save up I want to purchase one of your beautiful paintings too! Congratulations on your features you so deserve it!! Can't wait to see what you share in the coming year!!!
    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jiminey, you have been a busy little bee.... I admire you so. Have a wonderful 2013! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of all the gorgeousness you accomplished this year, my favorite is the pink-haired lady...go figure!~ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy-My gosh- What a wonderful, beautiful year you have had. God bless you and Happy New Year- I hope next year is just as bright and wonderful- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTF! You cannot possibly be older than me!! No way in hades....woah! You are one amazing freak lady!! I love you to pieces...and I tell you one day I am getting in that RV with hubs and driving to your house. ha! And then you will open the door and we will laugh and drink and laugh and drink...;and then hug and kiss and say goodnight!
    PS your painting is out of this world, stop trading it and giving it away for free....I can say this now that I have my Dillon portrait. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do not look or act 59 so I say pink hair--yes! I so enjoy your blog. Your paintings are so amazing it was fun looking back. I didn't remember seeing that baby sheep one--it is so precious! As much as I love flowers and scenes I think your sheep are my favorite. They are so feminine and sweet. Have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cindy,
    Happy New Year to you sweet friend. You have created so many beautiful projects over the past year. I'm with you, I'm ready to blow out the candles and move on to the next adventure.

    Thanks for your encouraging words. It means a lot to me.


    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. cindy, you are an incredibly talented artist, and i'm so happy to call you friend. i love your eye, your voice, and your imagination. keep bringin it. keep making it lovely. keep spreading your light--it makes a difference.

    love and peace to you in 2013.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy,
    Playing around and blog hopping, I found you! What a perfect day as I got to see a recap of your year. All I can say is wow! So happy to follow along, can't wait to see what you create in the new year!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your art work.. Are you the artist ? Just beautiful.. I love it all and your blog. I look forward to blogging along time... Have a blessed 2013 ````````` Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  12. hallo cindy,
    I wish you a happy new year . I´m a admirer of your blog. I marvel your beautiful pictures and your amazing paintings. I am always looking forward to see your new pictures and upcoming projects.

    Best regards
    Brigitte from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  13. And your Lady with Pink Hair made this lady very happy! This past year has been a horrible one for me but that is one of the highlights of my entire year. I hope 2013 finds you spreading your lovely art far and wide and you continuing to create so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Cindy! What a blast we had in 2012! Love all of your posts, paintings, projects - too much fun! I also appreciate the inspiration and your friendship! Wishing you and your family all good things during the coming year! Looking forward to more fun in 2013~ Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy,

    So many beautiful things here.. The cake you made for your daughter, your paintings, eye for beautiful decor, and most of all the beauty you share..

    Beauty.. Inside and out.. all the way down to your pink hair tips!

    Wishing you all the goodness that life has to offer! Happy 2013!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a year...so fun walking down memory lane with you!
    I am excited to see what you have in store for 2013!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well one thing's for sure, you are incredibly talented Cindy!!!
    I wish you a healthy, safe & happy new year!
    Hugs Rosemary...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your painted dresser is amazing, I love the whole room! Beautiful! Thanks for the beautiful post, so enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey pretty kooky girl! :) What fun to go back through your 2012 memories! What a bright, successful, and fun year you had! I never tire of seeing your beautiful paintings, Cindy. What a special gift you've been blessed with, and it was fun to see you in Fifi's premier issue. (I wonder when she's going to publish another one....?) I'm glad that I found you in blogland this year - and I'm looking forward to winging my way with you during this next one, sweetie! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cindy,

    You have accomplished so many wonderful things this year, and to have that much talent to paint that many gorgeous, gorgeous paintings makes me a bit jealous:)

    Funny thing, a month ago, I also changed the color palette in my kitchen and moved all of my white dishes to my old pie safe.

    Another great thing, is that I met you and made a new blog friend! All of your posts are so inspiring (and hilarious!)

    Happy New Year!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey sweetness! I'm glad you like the fabric I picked out for my chairs...I wanted neutrals....and the fact that it was SUPER DUPER cheap didn't hurt my feelings a bit either! :) I LOVE them now! (and SO much cheaper than even the CHEAPEST ones I found in stores or online. some of those buggars were upwards of $1,000 EACH!) Yikes! OH..and I cannot do everything...I cannot swim,(well not very well...I think I'm in the rock family...you know..I sink), I cannot ride horses...I'm scared to death of them, (although I think they're beautiful...maybe I should try riding a cow like the ones you paint..they look much calmer) ;), and I cannot do anything very daring...scary things, well Scare me! lol
    I love your end of the year countdown...you did so many beautiful things this year! (and one of them is in MY kitchen!) ;)
    Love you sweet lady!
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed recapping 2012 with you since I'm new to your Beautiful Blog! I'm sure I'll still be browsing thru your Archived Posts to enjoy more of your World.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Awesome talented friends and followers say: