Friday, October 28, 2011

Little Fall Wreath...


So I'm not that great doing the fall decorating thing with lots of pumpkins and hay bales, and cornstalks and stuff...
I want to buy a bunch of those creamy colored cinderella pumpkins, but they're darn ( i actually use a much worse word) expensive if you want several, which of course i do...

But i did mess with my raggedy little wreath some... added a little $1.00  from Michaels pumpkin stick to the wreath, and picked some seed heads from my black eyed susans, and tucked them in it... I like them because they look like polka dots...


at this point i'm sure you're wondering if everything i do has to have pink in it....!


I'm actually wondering that right now too...


so, i thought maybe i'd show you a totally different color, so you don't get pink eye..!

I don't usually get excited over red, only sometimes... but i saw this in a shop, and it was so so pretty with the white inside and the little lights... it just glows...



ok, back to the usual...

Gaaaaaaaaaaah, Pink again
and ruffles!!!

The last of the roses... I love that they have a massive burst of blooming their little butts off right before it gets really cold...
kisses to them...

"Abraham Darby"

"Eden'" literally bloomed all summer, in spring she went crazy and showed off with hundreds of blooms, and then after, a few here and there without fail...


I guess i'm just froof, ruffles and pinkness, i have no idea how i got this way...  
my mom wasn't at all...

but i will totally use a chain saw and a jig saw and a drill and most power tools...
 and i drink beer, and vodka...
and i cuss alot... 
alot
while wearing ruffles!

favorite skirt in the world...


This is a photo in a vintage crackley mirror, i like it that it obscures flaws...
I'm trying to pose here...

ok, here's something to never ever do... when you get to be anywhere near my age... 

never look down at your face in a mirror...

like when you're painting one and it's on the floor, and you look down... omg 

and when you're trying to take a photo with your iphone, don't  accidentally turn your iphone camera setting so that it shows your face...like from under your chin...  

you'll be like "holy mother in hell",! do i look like that!!!
omg, it's horrible horrible!

see the over the knee socks that only go over one knee...
thrift shop jacket,
thrift shop pearls...

Ruffles...


Pink...


and kisses to you guys for putting up with me...

the end...

16 comments:

  1. Girl, you are cracking me up big time! I love it! And I love pink!! Your wreath is really cute and I adore the pink door - so cute! I will be sure not to look down at myself in a mirror. I get scared enough looking dead on at one! Thanx for the laughs! Have a great weekend - Hugs! Leena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Cindy! You've got me in the greatest mood after reading your post. You make me laugh and smile and I find myself agreeing with everything you say.
    Maybe you are my long lost sister! I can identify with the girlie, lovin the pink part and the cussin, loving beer and vodka part too! LOL!
    Just goes to show our wonderful flexibilities, don't ya think?

    Oop, I digress. I love your wreath and your pink door! Love your roses too. My crazy lawn guy dug mine up after I told him to take out a scraggly bush. He left he bush and trashed the roses! LOL!

    Love your photo. Love the way you dress, kinda funky and oh so sweet.

    Big hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up Cindy ! You so totally say what I am thinking ! I didn't use to be into pink like I am now ,Now I can't get enough .And it is okay to be a girly girl who loves power tools and has a potty mouth ! That's my story and I'm stickin to it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you darling thing you! I love your style!
    I also love your Autumn wreath and the fact it has pink in it!!!
    You always make me laugh, and I love your roses of course.
    hugs for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, you where big girl boots! You're all right lil lady and don't let anyone tell you any different. I love the pale pinks! Love your door and you did good with the wreath. It's lovely :-) You don't need those darn expensive Cinderella pumpkins (unless someone gifts them to you) lol.
    Oh, and I can't look in a mirror at any angle... lol!
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to sound creepy and stalkery, but I got an up-close look at that gorgeous pink wreath today! So lovely and I like the Cindy-spin on fall decorating...now check your *pink* :) chair on the front porch and it'll all make more sense...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Cindy.....you...my friend....ARE JUST TOO CUTE WITH THIS POST TODAY!!!!.....I mean it.
    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are soooo funny!!! Just love your posts and always look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Cindy! I love how you show all of the facets of you! That's what makes people interesting and unique!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute Cindy! I LOVE reading your posts! You look perfect will all your pink so don't you worry one bit about it! Your roses are so pretty and your skirt and boots are adorable! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha!

    i'm totally borrowing that skirt. and blooming their little butts off or whatever you said there makes the best effin copy and i'm gonna try hard not to steal it.

    i am fortunate that my camera makes it tough to do self portraits because i irritate myself enough without having additional digital documentation of a turkey neck, dark undereye circles, and a supreme loss of facial volume and collagen.

    loving always how you pair beauty with wit and keepin it real the entire ride. you are gorgeous.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, I just love your style! You wear it so well. Do not change the wreath, I think what you did with it is perfect.... As for the fairy dust be careful what you wish for! ;)
    Happy Halloween
    Hugs Rosemary...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and the skirt is a beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally laughed outloud this morning all by myself (oh well with you here) and I have to say I have done this exact same thing with both mirrors and cameras...I have now taken to snapping the back of my head for my blog shots~it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gurl...I love your pink door!!! And...I get the whole picture thing...in fact don't be on top when you have sex either...it could scare somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You cracked me up how you described taking a picture of one's face and how not to look up when leaning over a mirror. OMG, you're right on, and my thoughts exactly! I wish I could write exactly what I'm thinking. I'll have a smile on my face all day long thinking about this. By the way, I love the ruffled skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Awesome talented friends and followers say: